June 19, 2013
5 Chelsea Place, Clifton Park, NY 12065 • 518-881-0600
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred. Those changes are influencing instruction and student learning. The Shenendehowa Central School District supports access by students, parents/guardians, teachers, and administrators to informational resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between students, parents/guardians and the student’s teachers. The Shenendehowa Central School District manages student information electronically and will make the student education records available for viewing only to authorized parents/guardians with a secure connection over the Internet. All parents/guardians will comply with the Internet use regulations and all technology regulations/procedures, as well as all other District policies that may apply.
This access is a free service offered to all current and active parents/guardians and students of the Shenendehowa Central School District. Access to student information from the Internet is a privilege, not a right. A parent/guardian will be authorized to activate a web account only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in the Shenendehowa Central School District. Once a student withdraws or graduates from the Shenendehowa Central School District, their access will be inactivated. Parents/guardians, students, and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools, parents/guardians, and students. The district will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian discovers any inaccurate information, they will notify their school immediately and provide proof of the inaccurate information.
The Shenendehowa Central School District reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via the Internet site at any time without notice, including, but not limited to, the functions listed below.
5) Grad Planner
Each parent/guardian must complete and sign an Infinite Campus Parent/Guardian Access Request Form. After verification of information on the form, the school district will establish an account.
Parents/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1) Parents/guardians will act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner.
2) Parents/guardians will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or the district’s data or networks.
3) Parents/guardians will not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
4) Parents/guardians will not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws would be subject to Civil and/or Criminal prosecution.
5) Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6) Parents/guardians will not share their password with anyone, including their own child(ren).
7) Parents/guardians will not set their computer to automatically login to the Internet site.
8) Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
1) Access is made available with a secure Internet site. Account holders are responsible for not sharing their passwords and to properly protect or destroy any printed/electronic documentation generated from this site.
2) Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account. Until the District has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact Management Services & Quality Control at (518) 881-0665.
3) The users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
4) The Parent/guardian account will be inactivated when all their child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from Shenendehowa Central School District, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
The Shenendehowa Central School District will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the District's system or Internet. The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Internet site for viewing student information. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that would cause compromise of their student information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use the parent portal to access their child(ren)’s information consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Shenendehowa Central School District employees. Account activity is electronically recorded.
For Parents/Guardians who do not currently have a parent portal account but have a child already enrolled:
i) Each parent/guardian only needs to complete one Infinite Campus Parent/Guardian Access Request Form for all children in their household.
ii) For security reasons, the school district official will verify parent identification with official photo identification.
iii The parent requesting the account will be mailed an Activation Key.
iv) The district will file the completed and signed form.
1) Parents/Guardians must request unlocking their account in person at the District Office by presenting official photo identification, or by contacting Management Services & Quality Control at (518) 881-0665. You will be asked for identification.
2) Once the District has confirmed the Parent/Guardian identification, the account will be reset.
Note: This process could take 3 - 5 full school days.