June 19, 2013
Kathleen Wetmore, Assistant Superintendent
5 Chelsea Place, Clifton Park, NY 12065 • 518-881-0623
Shenendehowa's annual financial report for the period ending June 30, 2012 based on the governmental-wide and fund-based financial statements.
The district is in the process of developing a budget for 2013-14. Go to the 2013-14 budget development webpage for information.
Shenendehowa prides itself on being both transparent and fiscally responsible with its budget and spending.
School districts are one of the most transparent governmental agencies be it federal, state or local municipality.
• By law, school district budgets must be voted on by residents.
• By law, schools have to provide access to the line-by-line budget. This budget book is available in every school building and online.
• By law, we have to mail a flyer home to all residents with details specific budget details.
• Shenendehowa posts all of its employee contracts on its website.
• The tax rates for the past several years are also posted on the website.
• Each month the board of education approves, in public session, the bills of the district as a part of the Treasurer’s Report, satisfying all requirements for fiscal transparency. These actions are in the minutes that are posted on the website. These actions can be viewed by the public because all board meetings are video taped and posted on the website.
• A comprehensive claims audit report is presented and reviewed at least quarterly by the board of education, ensuring that all funds expensed by the district are done legally, responsibly, and consistent with respective policies. These actions are in the minutes that are posted on the website. These actions can be viewed by the public because all board meetings are video taped and posted on the website.
• The board of education completes more than a dozen public meeting, discussing various specifics about the proposed budget. These actions can be viewed by the public because all board meetings are video taped and posted on the website.
• All district policies are posted here.
• Shenendehowa has one of the lowest per pupil costs of school districts in the Capital Region and in Saratoga County.
• Shen received an A+ rating on it's audit by the Office of the State Comptroller.