June 18, 2013
970 Route 146, Clifton Park, NY 12065
The following provides an overview of the Dress Code Guidelines at Shenendehowa. Please see the Board of Education Code of Conduct for more detailed information and specific examples.
• Students should wear clothing that fully covers all undergarments. Shirt and dress straps should be as wide as the straps of any undergarments, including bra straps and underwear. In addition, a student's undergarments should not be visible through the clothing.
• Students should wear clothing that fully covers all private areas, including the midriff and upper/lower back.
• Skirts should be at least mid-thigh in length, from inseam to knee.
• When leggings or tights are worn, they are to be covered by a shirt, skirt, or dress that is at least mid-thigh in length from inseam to knee.
• Shorts should cover all private areas and undergarments, and not be revealing in any way.
• Students should wear footwear that is safe and appropriate for school and school-related activities.
• If clothing contains images or words, these must be appropriate for the school setting.
• The following are just some examples of clothing that is not appropriate for the academic setting of school: tube tops, halter tops, revealing tank tops, form-fitting skirts, athletic jersey tank tops, and t-shirts with messages that promote sexual activity or drug use.
The High School administration reserves the right to determine if a student's attire is appropriate for school. If students are wearing inappropriate clothing, they will be expected to change their clothes, to cover up their attire, or to be picked up from school immediately.