SKI CLUB NEWS
Club dates: January 9,
16,23,30 February 6, 13
|Please note all
students must take lessons.
Also please note, ALL RENTERS need to get
pre fits from November15th- December 15th, or a $15.oo charge will be in effect.
Monday -Friday, 3-7
Saturday and Sunday 10-2
will be open at 7:15 a.m. for parents/students to drop off their ski
- 2:30 - students will be picked up at
- 3:40 - students will arrive at West
- Renters go to the Rental Hut to meet Coach
Burns (the Shatekon advisor) and then to the Lodge
to check in with Lodge Mom.
- Non-Renters lock skis up and go to the
Lodge, meet and check in with Lodge Mom.
- All skiers are made aware of where lessons
will take place, and how to identify their lesson area. Red, Green,
Blue or Black sign at each area.
- 4:15 - lessons start
- 5:15 -5:30 lessons completed, students
check in with Lodge Mom, eat dinner, buddy up with someone
of their ski level, and free ski only in the area where lesson took place.
- 6:30 - Students should be at bus ready to
load belongings for trip home. Once again, check in, but this time with
Coach Frederick. If child is riding home with a parent, the parent MUST
inform Coach Frederick or Coach Burns in written form.* This note
should be turned in during homeroom or before boarding the bus.
- 7:30 - Arrive back at Arongen. Please
make sure you are at Arongen by 7:30 to pick up your child.
|What your child
- Lock for skis/snowboard
- Bag or backpack with child's name and phone
number on it to
keep child's gear in
- Warm hat
- Neck warmer
- Ski gloves or mittens
- Warm jacket
- Ski/snow pant
- Ski socks (plus extra pair to keep in
- Extra hat and gloves, in case the child loses one
- Lots of layers, long underwear, turtleneck,
lightweight fleece, ski pants, etc.
- Dinner or money for snack/dinner and a
- Helmets and goggles are optional yet
strongly encouraged for safety
- If you child has their own skis they need
something to keep them all together, either a ski bag, a ski tote, or
something similar. Name should be on everything.
* The kids really enjoy when
they can ski with a parent. Some of you are planning to do this and I
think it's great. I do have a concern which needs to be clearly
understood about departures. I cannot release your child to anyone
without YOUR written consent. I need consent if:
- You're taking your child home early or
later from the mountain.
- You're allowing someone else to take your
child home (please state if it's from the mountain or Arongen).
Please inform Coach
Coach Burns either by note or in person, do not leave it up to your child
or one of his/her friends to inform us that you've left or are staying later
or that you're taking another child or your child is gong with someone else.
It is an adult responsibility. I'm looking out for the
safety of your child and the timeliness of our schedule.
Conditions & get directions to
| Please contact Coach Frederick at
email@example.com or Coach Burns
at firstname.lastname@example.org for a packet
Field Trip Emergency Consent Form
Arongen PE Home Page