Stand Your Ground (click for a printable version) Timeline: 4 Weeks
Click on any section heading to go to that item or learn more about it.
Critical Concepts: By the end of the unit, students will learn to....
· Discuss and describe differences between plains, plateaus and the main types of mountain.
· Describe features on a topographic map and understand how they are created and read.
· Contrast mechanical and chemical weathering and how climate might affect them.
· Discuss how environmental conditions affect the evolution of soil horizons.
· Describe the importance of soil and different human activities that might lead to its loss.
· Define erosion and deposition and ways that their impact might be reduced.
· Chapter: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3
· Chapter: 2-1, 2-2, 2-3
Practice Problems: Be aware that the Practice Problems are due on the due dates.
Be aware of the due dates as they are given.
Soil Posters and Erosion Blues:
Investigate the physical and chemical characteristics of the Gowana garden..
Mining a Mountain - Take an unknown sample sort out this mixed up situation.
Click Here for procedures to make a graph.
More information can be found about this topic at the following websites.