A United Nations Web Quest
1. Together as a class we will read the Millennium Development Goals as outlined by the United Nations.
2. The class will be randomly selected into groups of 4. Each group will select a region card. From the region card, they will select a country in the region to represent.
3. Together as a group you will select two different global problems from the list below:
- Environmental Pollution
- Spread of disease
- International drug trafficking
- Ethnic conflict
4. Each group member will then assume one of the following roles:
Country Monitor: Using
the two global problems selected from the list above, identify two specific
examples of global challenges facing
your assigned country. Research and gather information as to the causes of these problems within your assigned country.
Using the two global problems selected from the list above, research the history
and causes of these problems as they pertain to the
region that has been assigned to your task force.
Your role is to research and gather information as to how the selected
global challenges have specifically affected your
assigned country and region.
role is to use the information gathered and compile a list of legitimate
ideas as to how the Millennium goals could be achieved
within your assigned country and region.
5. When the individual information and data has been complied, the task force will meet together to design their fact sheet and decide how to present their information to the General Assembly.
6. Presentations to the General Assembly.
Task | Process | Resources
| Evaluation |Conclusion
This page is maintained in accordance with Shenendehowa's web publishing