Informational meeting for NYS TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM, Thursday, January 26, 4pm, Gowana Library. More info Retirement Flyer STA 2017.
Informational meeting for NYS EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM, Monday, January 23, 4pm, HSE Little Theatre. More info ERS Retirement Flyer 2017
The Human Resources & Business Offices are transitioning to electronic communications to improve efficiencies for all employees. Please review the attached document so that you have regular up-to-date access to pertinent information. We encourage all staff to become familiar with the systems and resources that are available to them.
Who is Who at Shen?
- Contact information for all of the district’s administrators.
- Directory of all staff with phone numbers, e-mail addresses and web pages.
- Employee Absence Form
- Out of District Conference Form – 5628F
- Guidance on Professional Development
- Professional Profile for Current Staff
- Preferred Group Flex Voucher Claim Form
- Shenendehowa 403(b) Enrollment Form
- Substitute Request User Guide For Employees
- Registration User Guide For Substitutes
- District Administrative Support Staff
- Confidential Staff
- Health insurance
- Prescription drug insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance coverage
- Section 125 benefit plan- – unreimbursed medical/dependent care accounts
- Life insurance – group term life insurance policy
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) – free confidential referral program
- Tax sheltered annuities (403b) – alternative retirement plan based on employee contributions
- Retirement Plan
- STA & SAA – TRS – New York State Teachers Retirement System
- SUSA & CSEA – ERS – New York State and Local Employees Retirement System
Thinking of Retiring?
The decision to retire is a major event in one’s life, because of this, employees who are considering retiring are urged to take advantage of the resources posted on Inside Shen: Retirement Planning
Individual benefit consultations are available by appointment. Please contact Sue Tocco at (518) 881-0600 x 68405, email@example.com
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
Center for Innovative Learning – Webpage
The Center for Innovative learning is the district’s professional development program providing a continuum of effective strategies, opportunities, programs and services that support teaching, leading and learning.
Shen TRAC – Webpage
The Technology Resource Assistance Center (TRAC) helps Shen’s teachers integrate technology into their classrooms.
On-line Training – Instructions and Links to Training Modules
- Hazcom Training – Required for all Shen staff and substitutes must complete HAZCOM training annually.
- Bloodborne Pathogens – Required for nurses (and subs), special education staff and aides providing personal care (and subs), sports trainer (and subs), aquatics director, lifeguards, custodial/cleaner/maintenance personnel (and subs), grounds staff, senior repairer, auto repair helper, fleet maintenance supervisor, and special education bus drivers/aides only.
- Child Abuse & Mandated Reporter – Required for all New York State certified staff; however, all staff are encouraged to take this course.
- Board of Education Policy Review Training – Required for all instructional and non-instructional staff.
The new Wincap Employee Self Service (ESS) portal allows employees to access five different features:
- My Paychecks
- My Year to Date Totals
- Print My W-2’s
- My Paycheck Printing Elections
- My W-2 Consent Elections
Please find attached a Wincap Web Employee Tutorial and a Employee Self Service FAQs that may help address any questions. If you need further assistance, please contact Jennifer Cornell at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 68403, or Rebecca Hull at email@example.com or ext. 68503. We think this new tool will provide useful information for all of our staff. Thanks for checking it out.
- Shen Purchasing Manual – BOE 5410R
Que Centre site – Webpage
The district’s work order system to request routine facility maintenance.
Shen Educational Foundation – Webpage
Staff members are invited to apply for grants from the Shen Educational Foundation. This is a volunteer not-for-profit organization,that supports the mission of the school district by raising and distributing funds for educational enrichment beyond the reach of the basic operational needs of the district.
Process for requesting a network account
- You must be a current Shen employee.
- Review BOE 6197
- Return the completed (and signed) Access Release and Authorization Form BOE 6197F to Information Services. Please keep the remainder of the packet for your reference.
- You will receive notification and login instructions through the interoffice mail when your account has been created.
Authoring a webpage
We recommend new websites be created in Google Sites using the Shenendehowa template. Contact a Lead Teacher for training opportunities.
Changing Voicemail Password
- Press 8 for Menu Options, then press 4 to change your password.
- Type in your current password, press #
- Type in your new password, press #
- Type in your new password again, press # (This will confirm your password selection.)
To Send an Email List-Shen
To send an email to the entire staff, put List-Shen in the “To” box and then create your email. It will go to the superintendent’s office for approval to ensure it meets the criteria outlined in BOE Policy 3145.
Youtube link for the threat assessment video: