In response to questions about Coronavirus – COVID-19

Written by on March 13, 2020

A.  If, or when, we are notified by the Department of Health that there is a confirmed case of a staff member or student in our schools. We will notify the community. We will not notify based on rumor or self quarantine. Currently, we have been notified of of two confirmed cases in Saratoga County and one confirmed case in Clifton Park. We have sent out notifications for both as soon as we were contacted. After the notification of the case in Clifton Park, the district made the decision to cancel all large-group activities. Obviously, things are changing rapidly.

As far as closing school, if, or when, a case is confirmed the decision of whether to close the school or the district will be made. We are leaning on our legislators and the Governor to act immediately, today, to allow school districts to shut down for two weeks without loss of millions of dollars and sanctions, so that the global health experts can get a handle on this matter.

For staff – the decision to cancel Superintendent Conference Day for staff has not been made as of yet.