Shenendehowa is participating in the Capital Region School District Job Fair on April 26 at Guilderland Senior
High School, 3 pm-7 pm. Job Fair Flyer
At the Shenendehowa Central School District, our Commitment to Excellence—a synergistic plan for quality education and continuous improvement—defines the role of staff as “leaders for learning” in the purposeful building of the conditions for continuous improvement in student learning.
Our staff serve as role models and should be …
- Responsible and Productive Workers
- Life Long Learners
- Involved Citizens and Leaders
- Effective Communicators
- Cooperative Participants
- Culturally Appreciative and Sensitive Persons
The Shenendehowa Central School District is one of the largest school systems and employers in upstate New York, employing more than 1,800 people who serve approximately 9850 students.
The Human Resource Office is open from 7:45 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. throughout the school year; from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. during vacation periods and from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. during July and August.
Looking for employment with Shen?
Board Appointed Positions
The District accepts applications for posted positions only.
Mandatory requirements for employment include:
- Completion of HAZCOM on-line training
- Proof of immunity to measles if born after January 1, 1957; and
- Fingerprinting in accordance with SAVE Legislation
- Additional requirements and/or qualifications are provided in each job posting
General Information About Positions at Shen
Qualifications and instructions on how to apply are provided in the job postings.
Positions include: superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal, assistant principal, academic administrators, directors and other specialized positions. SAA, DLST, SUSA or Superintendent contracts apply. Applications must be submitted through OLAS.
Positions include: teacher, guidance counselor, psychologist, social worker, speech pathologist, intervention counselor, and other specialized positions. STA contract applies. Applications must be submitted through OLAS.
As of October 1, 2016, paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- Non-competitive positions include: teacher aide, school monitor, cleaner, food service, building maintenance, grounds-keeper, security guard and other non-teaching positions. Applicants must apply through OLAS. For assistance, please review the OLAS Tutorial. CSEA contract applies.
- Competitive positions require civil service exam and include: typist, account clerk typist, school technologist, building custodian, systems analyst, bus dispatcher/routing specialist. Applicants must apply via HR@shenet.org. CSEA or SUSA contracts apply.
- Transportation positions include: bus drivers, bus monitors and busport attendants. Applicants must contact Jalna Rudolph at 881-0240, ext. 58400. CSEA or SUSA contracts apply.
Positions include: substitute teacher and non-instructional substitute positions and district-arranged tutoring assignments. For substitute teachers the SASIE contract applies.
Positions include: all coaching, lifeguard and lead lifeguard positions.
Processing of new substitutes is by appointment ONLY. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for information.
All candidates MUST produce a fully completed application and all required documentation at the time of the scheduled appointment.
Instructional Substitute Teacher Application – for certified teachers interested in substitute teaching at Shenendehowa.
- eSchools Solutions – Substitute Service
- Substitute Request User Guide For Employees
- Registration User Guide For Substitutes
Non-instructional Substitute Application – for those interested in non-teaching substitute positions.
Required On-line Training – Instructions
Required for all Shen staff and substitutes must complete HAZCOM training annually.
Required for nurses (and subs), special education staff and aides providing personal care (and subs), sports trainer (and subs), aquatics director, lifeguards, custodial/cleaner/maintenance personnel (and subs), grounds staff, senior repairer, auto repair helper, fleet maintenance supervisor, and special education bus drivers/aides only.