Can non SHEN students play on Shen sports teams or join Shen extra curricular clubs if they attend private schools or are home schooled but live in the Shen district?

Written by on September 23, 2016

A.  No, not allowable by law and/or policy.  From NYSPHSAA Handbook: BONA FIDE STUDENTS: Regulation of the Commissioner of Education: A contestant must be a bona fide student of the high school represented and must be taking at least four subjects including Physical Education.